A quick pizza like recipe which is tasty as well as healthy. It is a healthier version of pizza which is made up of whole wheat and stuffed with loads of veggies. Pizza paratha can be made very quickly as it does not require any fermentation unlike pizza base.
Kids love to eat pizza paratha and it is also a mom’s delight to see her kids eating a healthier version of pizza with same enthusiasm.
We can load the pizza with as many veggies as we want. I have also tried stuffing grilled eggplant and few spinach leaves among the colourful bell peppers , mushrooms and corns. Also, cheese was replaced with grated paneer. Hence made it more healthy.
The preparation will hardly take 10 minutes and takes a time equal to making a paratha in cooking. So this could be a very good combination of healthy, tasty and quick tiffin option for kids or can also be made upon instant arrival of guests.
Pizza paratha can be made with a lot of variations. We can use pizza sauce, pesto sauce or mustard sauce in the paratha base and replace mozzarella with any other cheese like Parmesan or Cheddar. We can make it spicy by adding chilly flakes. Pizza paratha can be served with tomato ketchup, creamy dip or any other dip of your choice.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
- 2 cups wheat flour
- 1/2 cup water ( for kneading flour )
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (grated)
- 1 cup shredded green , yellow and red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped mushrooms
- 1/4 cup american corn
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 tbsp pizza sauce
- 1 tsp chilly flakes
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- a pinch salt
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander
- Take 2 cups of wheat flour in a deep mixing bowl and add a pinch of salt to it. Knead it soft using adequate amount of water.
- keep the dough aside
- In a mixing bowl add the finely chopped onions, shredded capsicum, mushrooms, corn kernels, cheese and Italian seasoning.
- Mix all the ingredients well and add grated mozzarella cheese to it. mix well
- Now take a small portion from the dough and pin the help of rolling pin, make it into a big round chapatti.
- Now spread the pizza sauce evenly on the paratha base.
- Spread onions, colored bell peppers, corn kernels and mushrooms on half of the base. We should make sure that we do not over fill the base, as the stuffing might come out.
- Now add a pinch of salt, mozzarella cheese, italian seasoning and chilly flakes.
- Cover the paratha base with another half which is left just with the base.
- Roll the corners of the paratha or you can also use a fork to stick the two ends together
- Now fry the paratha on a tawa with some oil and till it turns little brown and crispy from both sides.
- Now cut the pizza paratha with a pizza cutter and serve with your choice of dip or tomato ketchup.
- Garnish the paratha top with finely chopped coriander leaves.