Now who doesn’t like idlis and aloo toast in a quick breakfast menu , as this is filling as well as tasty. I have come up with a recipe which gives a unique blend of idlis and aloo toast. It is categorized as a South Indian dish as this is garnished with mustard seeds and Kadi patta (curry leaves)
I like the overall crispy potato mixture on one side of the round shaped bread and the othe side garnished with curd, curry leaves and mustard seeds.
This can be served with coconut chutney or mint coriander chutney.
The recipe is healthy and doesn’t take much time.
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 4 Bread slice
- 2-3 Boiled potatoes
- 1 Finely chopped onion
- 1 tbsp Hung Curd
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 8-10 curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp red chilly powder
- salt (To Taste)
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup (for garnishing)
- Cut the bread slices into round shape using a cutter or a sharp edged bowl.
- In a mixing bowl add boiled and mashed potato, finely chopped onions and coriander.
- To this mixture add red chilly powder, garam masala and salt.
- Mix all these ingredients and keep aside
- In a pan, heat 1 tsp of oil and add mustard seeds.
- After the cracking sound add curry leaves and switch off the flame.
- Add this mixture to 2 Tbsp of hung curd. Mix well and keep aside.
- Put the potato mixture on one side of the round shaped bread and place it on the tawa with little oil.
- On the upper side of the bread spread the curd mixture and cover it with a lid so that the potatoes become red on one side and the curd mixture is absorbed by the other side.
- Put off the flame after 5 minute.
- Serve hot with Coriander Chutney or Coconut Chutney.