I am a hard core fan of mushrooms and I enjoy every bit and variation of them. Also, since the day I got to know that they are good for lowering cholesterol, I have doubled their intake. Mushrooms can be enjoyed in any Indo- Chinese food like Chinese fried rice, chowmein, spring rolls, etc. Also mushroom snacks like cheese stuffed mushrooms, mushroom pakoda , mushroom puff and mushroom sandwiches can be enjoyed in the evening or in the breakfast.
The recipe of butter garlic mushroom takes no more than 10 minutes to cook. This can be enjoyed with tea in the evening. On these can also be stuffed in a toast or in a Frankie.
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
- 200 gram white button mushroom
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- salt (to taste)
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper (optional)
- 1/2 tbsp freshly chopped coriander
- Wash the mushrooms properly by splitting them into half. Do not chop them into small pieces, because they normally squeeze in size upon cooking.
- In a kadhai add 1 tbsp of butter (I have used Amul Butter) and heat it for 30 seconds.
- Add chopped garlic to the butter.
- Now add the split mushrooms and saute for 4-5 minutes.
- Initially the mushrooms will release out a lot of water. Continue to saute them till the water evaporates.
- Once the water has evaporated, add slat, black pepper and oregano. Switch off the flame.
- You can enjoy this as a snack or you can also serve this with naan or tandoori roti.