Chilly paneer is either served as a snack or as a side dish with Chinese fried rice, Schezwan rice, Chowmein, if it is chilly paneer gravy. Chilly paneer can be replaced with aloo or baby corn, but since paneer is my personal favorite I have made this recipe using paneer. The recipe of dry chilly paneer and gravy chilly paneer is almost the same. It is just the gravy that differs in the gravy one. I have pan fried the coated paneer in apan. These can also be deep fried, but these days we all have become more health conscious, so I preferred this way of roasting the paneer. The paneer has to be soft and moist. A dried piece of paneer will not at all give a good taste.
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 200 gram Paneer
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 1 tbsp Maida (all purpose flour)
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Soya Sauce
- 1 tsp red chilly sauce
- 1 tsp green chilly sauce
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp tomato ketchup
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp spring onion
- 2 tbsp finely chopped onions
- 1/4 cup green capsicum (cubed)
- 1/4 cup red capsicum (cubed)
- 1 cup water
- salt (to taste)
- Make big pieces around 8-9 of the 200 gram paneer.
- In a deep mixing bowl, take 1 tbsp of cournflour with 1 tbsp of maida with a pinch of salt. Add enough water to make a thick consistency batter. Do not make the batter too thin, as this will not properly coat the paneer cubes. Now put the paneer cubes one by one in the maida batter.
- Let the coated paneer cubes rest for 15 minutes in a refrigerator.
- Now take a pan or a tawa and sprinkle little oil over it.
- Now add the coated paneer cubes one by one. Cook them on medium flame and flip them from time to time.
- Remove them in a plate once they are cooked and roasted red from both the sides.
- Now in a kadhai, take 1 tsp of oil and let it heat.
- Now add to it finely chopped garlic.
- Next add finely chopped spring onions and onions. Saute well for 1 minute.
- Next add the bell peppers and saute well. Add salt.
- Now add soya sauce, red chilly sauce, green chilly sauce, vinegar to the kadhai and mix well.
- Prepare corn flour water by adding 1/2 cup water in 1 tbsp of corn flour. Mix well and pour this water in the kadhai.
- Sayte well. You will start noticing that the gravy has started thickening. Keep stirring on high flame.
- Lastly add the roasted paneer and garnish with spring onions.